Ed Orgeron provides some updates ahead of LSU football spring practice
harrisonvalentine, 3 years ago 0 1 min read 742
LSU coach Ed Orgeron met with the media on Wednesday morning to preview spring practice, and provided some interesting tidbits as the Tigers look to turn the page from their historic 2019-2020 season.
- As far as injuries go, Tory Carter, Soni Fonua, Arik Gilbert and Todd Harris will all be out for the spring. Elias Ricks will be limited after undergoing surgery. Maurice Hampton and Kary Vincent will not participate in the spring as they compete as two-sport athletes in baseball and track.
- Orgeron announced that Kelvin Sheppard will replace Kevin Faulk’s former position as Director of Player Development.
- Dare Rosenthal has left the team for personal reasons, but Orgeron expects him to be back by the summer and ready to go.
- Ed Orgeron: “I made a vow to myself that I’m going to work harder this year. More attention to detail. People need to see that from the leader.”
- Ed Orgeron cont’d: “Everybody watches the leader. We had so much success last year that there could be a tendency to slow down. We can’t do that. I set the standard, and I can’t let it slip.”
- Devonta Lee is moving to linebacker, and Orgeron sees a little JaCoby Stevens in him.
- Ed Orgeron on Myles Brennan: “I’ve seen him be more of a vocal leader. I’ve seen him in the office watching more film than he ever has. I expect Myles to explode.”
LSU is set to begin spring practice on Saturday, March 7.
.@Coach_EdOrgeron previews the start of Spring Practice on Saturday. Key Spring Dates: https://t.co/iWTDKlJGtS #GeauxTigers https://t.co/yl6ixNiaIY
— LSU Football (@LSUfootball) March 4, 2020
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Leave a Reply